August 5, 2012
Lesbilicious shop is open for business
We’re pleased to announce that Lesbilicious now has a shop! The shop contains a whole load of quirky lesbian-interest clothes, music, books and gift ideas. When you spot something you like you’ll be able to click through to buy from that product’s website.
Everything in the shop is hand-picked by us, and our goal is to list products from independent LGBT shops, so buying through our shop a good way to support small businesses – as well as supporting us!
We’re really proud that Lesbilicious is a completely independent web magazine, and that we provide insightful, interesting articles and videos about lesbian issues absolutely free of charge. But operating a website like this costs money.
Our costs include one part-time member of staff, the expenses for our team of voluntary writers, and the cost of website design, development, hosting and bandwidth. We keep the costs as low as possible, but we still need to raise money to pay for them.
We finance Lesbilicious through sponsorship on the site, advertising through the shop, affiliate links to Amazon and running comedy nights.
If you enjoy Lesbilicious and want to support us, here’s how:
- Support our advertisers – have a look at their websites, buy their products
- Click on our links to shop from Amazon – we get around 5% of the sale price
- Advertise with us – if you’ve got a business and you want to reach more lesbian / bisexual women, talk to us
- Sign up to the mailing list to find out when we’ve running events
- Tell your friends – if you like an article, tweet it, Facebook ‘like’ it, link to it from your blog. Support us by helping us reach more people!
Comments are closed.
Can animals be gay?
Lesbilicious were at the Paws with Pride Pet Show at Newcastle Leazes Park in July 2012. We asked pet owners, can animals be gay? The people we interviewed had some interesting anecdotes about their own pets.
August 1, 2012